[Coco] Weird CoCo3 problem...

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 2 13:25:27 EST 2010

If I had one, I'd try it - besides games the only other paks I have are the S/SC & O90.

I followed Bob's advise and looked over the motherboards closely - no broken traces or anything like that.

With my limited knowledge, I'm leaning towards swapping the CPU and seeing where that takes me.

I reviewed everything again this morning and I did make a mistake last night (it helps when you're actually awake...)... pin 6 of the 138N is actually /SLENB, pin 9 is /SCS. I still get a HI signal all the time from pin 9, at power up and during the looped POKE statement. The frequency from pin 9, tho, is in the 192-kHz range. Nothing I can think of can explain the difference in freq between last night and today, except maybe fatigue (tho the reading on pin 6 WAS correct for my readings just a few minutes ago at 15-kHz)...