[Coco] SLENB and Capacitor C77 on CoCo 1 'F' Boards

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 12:47:51 EST 2010

I had been trying to work out a bug in a hardware project where it
would fail to work on a CoCo 1 with the 'F' board.  I finally found a
small paragraph on page 34 of Tony DiStefano's Full Turn of the Screw
which solved my issue.  He noted that his Cold Start circuit would not
work on an F board unless you cut capacitor C77. This cap apparently
prevents the SLENB signal from working properly.

Is there a scan of the F board schematic available anywhere?  Can
anybody explain why this capacitor is even on the board? I don't see a
cap on SLENB in the schematics for any of the other CoCo boards. I'm
assuming this must have been a design flaw.

Darren