[Coco] NitrOS-9 and TCC1014

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Wed Jan 13 18:38:11 EST 2010

I have seen something that I have never noticed before. Not sure I have ran across this test case in the past but it is VERY repeatable here at lab north.

Test Case A:  CoCo3 512k with 6309 and TCC1014 ('86 GIME)
Test Case B:  Same machine as above, just with a TCC1014A ('87 GIME)

Both test cases are using the NitrOS-9 boot disk from the v03.02.06 and .08 6309 versions.

Test Case A will lock up in the boot cycle somewhere 9 out of 10 times. Wild screen results.

Test Case B: Boots fine 10 out of 10 times.

Same machine, same disks, just a different GIME.

This anomaly has taken my output to zero over the past few weeks. Not much free time and then tun into this. First thought, memory, processor, bad motherboard, etc. I have traced it down to the GIME and the different versions.

Has anyone else seen this??? Or is this specfic to this motherboard and GIME version, timing, etc.....

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9