[Coco] tset util upload

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Jan 9 00:00:37 EST 2010

I've placed a new utility, tset, on  my website at
http://www.sdc.org/~goosey/os9/tset.lzh

The OS-9 termcap libray uses a text file called ttytype to figure out
what type of terminal is connected to the device.  A typical line is
"/term coco3".

This was fine in the days of hard-wired terminals, but now that people
can telnet into CoCos running OS-9, this isn't really enough, because
there's no telling what terminal someone might be using via telnet.

TSET <terminal type> sets the line (in ttytype) for whatever device
you connected on to be the given terminal type.

It also checks the termcap database, and if the given terminal isn't
in the database, asks for another terminal.

Have fun,
Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA