[Coco] M.E.S.S. and the Scroll Lock key

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 14:22:03 EST 2010

I installed M.E.S.S. on my laptop computer, which lacks the Scroll Lock
key, as does the wireless keyboard that I normally use with it. That
darn key seems to be essential to accessing the emulated machine's
configuration menu.

I tried to remap other keys to the Scroll Lock key (Windows provides for
this through the registry), but it didn't work with M.E.S.S., which
seems to be looking for a specific scan code at a low level, while
Windows' remapping function probably occurs at a higher level. Windows
On-Screen Keyboard didn't work either. The only way I could access that
darn menu was by using my spouse's USB keyboard. (My laptop has no PS/2
port, so any external keyboard must be a USB one.)

So before I go buy a new keyboard (damn, they multiply like rabbits!),
does anyone know if M.E.S.S can be configured to use another key?

Thanks,

Christian