[Coco] variable sized GETlike operation in basic 09?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 19:17:33 EST 2010

Does anyone know if its possible to do a GET for changing amounts of
data? Or another fast way to read changing sized 'records'?  GETting
one byte at a time is very slow compared to getting several in the
HTTPD program.  Right now I GET a 32 byte array at a time out of files
and just try to make sure files are sized a multiple of 32, but thats
no good.  I also pad out all the headers coming in from the client to
a standard length so GET can work there, also not great.

I think I could use SYSCALL and I$Read, but this seems wasteful, maybe
not?  Maybe I'm missing something in B09?  It seems GET only reads the
size of the variable(s) specified, and you cannot reDIM or change the
size of the variables in any way.

Thanks for any clues
-Aaron