[Coco] CoCoFEST! 2009 slideshow in composite video 256-color mode

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Jan 4 14:18:05 EST 2010

(Sorry, Joel!  I don't want to steal your thunder, but I was hacking
on my cc3 over the holiday break too...)

I've posted video captured off my cc3 using the 256-color composite
video mode:

	http://tinyurl.com/yhehzpu

The pictures are some snapshots I took last Spring in Elgin.
For comparison, the originals (and some others) are available here:

	http://tinyurl.com/ykvj6ol

The video processing seems to have munged the resolution a bit,
but I think it still gives you an idea of the color range.  FWIW,
all of the images are using the "0,16,32,48" palette.

I'm not sure how others are converting their bitmaps, but I know
that some of the earlier conversions were done manually using a paint
program.  I actually hacked-up a conversion utility that automates the
process -- I can release the source to any that want it, but I won't
be much help if you need to compile it on anything but Linux.  :-)

Anyway, enjoy!

John