[Coco] testing

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Feb 27 00:56:00 EST 2010

----- "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:

> [...]

The idea is to get the egg out of the eggshell without breaking it -- cook it later.  Scotty (and several other Enterprise transporter operators, various generations) could do that.  No need to steal a meal from a guy about to face a surly waitress on an empty stomach.  (I left my wallet in my other pants).

My favorite episode of all the variations of Star Trek is probably the Star Trek Enterprise episode "Carbon Creek" (where a crew of Vulcans were marooned on Earth in the 1950s).  My favorite scene is from the movie "Star Trek: Generations" when the Enterprise-D makes a hard landing.  (Any landing you can walk away from is a good one).

I again recommend that anybody sentient read the graphic novel "Roswell, Texas" (which features Texas Air Militia pilot Eugene Roddenberry and an incident in the far west Texas town of Roswell on July 4, 1947).  <http://www.bigheadpress.com/roswell>.  The story is now also available in dead-tree format, but it's still on-line.  (And a warning -- the story isn't rated G or even PG-13, there are nekkid wimmin in it).  You get Marion Morrison (look him up at www.imdb.com) as military adviser to President-for-Life of the Republic of California Walter Elias Disney.

I was a science fiction reader several years before Star Trek hit the airwaves (and is why I'm not a Trekkie like a couple of my wives).  A _really_ long time before the Coco or even the TRS-80 Mod One hit the shelves.  (I still want to see a copy of the school version of Klendathu, none was ever seen in any RSCC I was associated with, and that covers most of southern California and parts of Nevada).
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>

The Bible says (in Psalms 90:10) that "The days of our years are threescore years and ten", yet Xtians frequently defy G-d's will and continue to preach rather than commit suicide on their 70th birthday.  Yeah, the Psalm says you're allowed to live to eighty, but you're going to suffer if you do that, so you might as well just kill yourself.  Suicide is not a sin in the Old Testament, and I can't find the spot in the New Testament that changes the status.  (This blasphemy is an original from me [wdg3rd], the sort of thing I strive for).