[Coco] DriveWire 4 beta

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat Feb 27 00:25:48 EST 2010

Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> http://sites.google.com/site/drivewire4/beta
>
> This software is not for the casual user who just wants to use
> DriveWire.  For that, please continue to use DriveWire 3, as it is
> well tested and easy to use.  This beta is neither.
>
> If you are interested in dw4, or have a compelling need to use the dw
> drivers from CVS right now, you might find this software useful or
> even fun :)
>
> -Aaron

Hey, I just briefly tried out the current beta of DW4.  I started it up
on a Windows XP machine I had been using for DW3.  I was able to wget
the Google home page and see lots of uninterpreted HTML scroll across
the CoCo's screen.  I tried to telnet to some BBSes, but was getting an
error 208, which I appears to be an illegal system call.  But it's
definitely a promising start.  If I get some time tomorrow I'll see if I
can get it going under Ubuntu 8.04.  Fun, fun, fun!

JCE