[Coco] Hi all. New to the list

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Wed Feb 24 11:55:05 EST 2010

John,

There is no such HDB-DOS image in existence.  There is simply not enough room in the 8K ROM area to support both DW and another interface type.

Now copying between different interfaces?  That is possible outside of HDB-DOS but would need an external program.

You going to have this ready by the fest? :)

Boisy

On Feb 24, 2010, at 8:20 AM, John W. Linville wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 09:31:33PM -0500, Robert Gault wrote:
>> Todd Wallace wrote:
>>> I noticed there is an OSX version of DriveWire, which is what im using here.
>>> My difficulty arises from how to get the coco side of the software going. The
>>> instructions on the website say to use a cassette cable and a .wav file to load
>>> the coco program for transferring files. However I have no tape cable, nor do
>>> I want to use a .wav file to load each time i want to access the Mac/PC.
>>> Is there a .BIN version of the coco utility for DriveWire from a disk?
>>
>> There is such a file which I use when running Drivewire under Disk Basic.
>> What you need is the Drivewire3 ROM image.
>
> <snip>
>
> Hey, along these same lines...forgive me if I have missed something
> obvious or failed to do my research!
>
> This may be asking too much but I'm wondering if there is some
> reasonably easy way to obtain or produce an HDB-DOS image that can not
> only use DriveWire to replace the floppy drives but also still access
> the IDE or SCSI device for the virtual disks 4-255 (or 0-255 with
> DRIVE OFF)?  If not, is there an existing copy program to facilitate
> copying between a DW device and a non-DW HDB-DOS device?
>
> John
>
> P.S.  Why do I feel like I just added a project to my list...? :-)
> --
> John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
> linville at tuxdriver.com			might be all we have.  Be ready.

Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/