[Coco] ASM newbie question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Feb 14 17:58:58 EST 2010

On Sunday 14 February 2010, Joel Ewy wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sunday 14 February 2010, Tim Fadden wrote:

>>> This program has a script to merge the crontab-datammodule to the exe so
>>> that it can get its info from memory, instead of from disk.
>>
>> Yes, that was a later addition.  Having it access the floppy to see if it
>> has anything to do this exact minute was a bit of a drag and wear on the
>> floppy of course.  The disadvantage of course it that to edit the
>> 'crontab', it was a total rebuild.
>
>I've always thought there should be a utility that would build simple
>data modules on the fly without having to fire up an assembler.  Not
>that I'm asking for another project at the moment...

Did I hear the faint voice of a volunteer there Joel?  I always made a data
modules as it would have been smaller than a text file to be read and parsed
from non-volatile storage.  HD access wasn't so bad and I ran it that way on
my 6809 coco3 at the office for a long time, mostly driving a backup script,
till those old 10 and 20 meg Tandons on a B&B interface got to squeaking so
bad the janitor complained. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Patch griefs with proverbs.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Much Ado About Nothing"