[Coco] Would anyone like some snow?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Feb 14 00:26:42 EST 2010

At 10:54 PM 2/13/2010, you wrote:
>Roger Taylor wrote:
>>At 03:06 PM 2/13/2010, you wrote:
>>>I got 10" here in east Dallas. Out near the DFW Airpot they got
>>>over 12". Sets a record for DFW.
>>>
>>>John
>>

>>I think the further East the snow went, the less they got.  My
>>mother lives in West Monroe, LA and they only got 2" or so.   The
>>Longview TX area got 6" or so which was plenty enough to blanket
>>everything solid white.
>>
>>What *really* shocked me was Thursday night at 11pm, long after it
>>had been dark outside, and long after the power had gone out in our
>>town, the snow on the ground and trees glowed so bright that you
>>could see outside brighter than any full moon I've seen shine
>>down.  The kids were making snowmen at 10pm in the "dark" with no
>>lights whatsoever in the area.  I thought it was wicked.
>>
>You got pictures of that glowing snow.

I was too tired to go get the camera, but I wondered if I should use
flash or not at the time I had the thought of taking a
picture.  Didn't happen, and so it's lost in time forever.  Sorry.
The question is: is the moon full right now or partially?  I'm too
tired to go look outside right now.  :)  Cuz 2 days ago if the snow
was glowing for any other reason, I'm going to have to look into
this.  At least 6 kids ended up in my yard having a snow fight in the
glowing snow.

Somebody near East Texas please tell me they saw it too.  The town's
power was off, so there was no "city lights" effect here.

I do remember telling the kids... "don't eat that snow! the cloud
might have passed over a chemical plant"   heheheh  We have the Kodak
chemical plant in Longview. It's a HUGE plant the size of a small
town in itself.

--
~ Roger Taylor