[Coco] System gen problem - SOLVED!!

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:20:32 EST 2010

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010, Steven Hirsch wrote:

>> Once again, if anyone does have problems using these drivers, with
>> either the included NitrOS-9 or NitrOS-9 from current CVS, please let
>> me know.  Feel free to send a private email if you prefer.  I think it
>> is important to keep these disks "stable" so I will not be updating
>> them unless Boisy tells me to or some drastic change occurs.  I'll do
>> whatever I can to ensure they remain a source of a known good
>> combination of OS and driver if they do change.
>
> Sure, I intend to give them a thrashing as time permits (hopefully this
> weekend).  Just hope I can figure out how to create a system diskette image
> from the CVS sources.  For some reason, this eluded me the last time I
> tried...

Everything went smashingly well!  Did a make clean, make, make dsk.
Mounted the image with cocofuse, copied my hard disk drivers in the RBF
directory and modified the standard.bl file accordingly.  Remounted the
image in the DW3 server (C version) and booted the CoCo from it.  Ran the
mb.floppy script to create a boot diskette with hard disk support and
rebooted from that.  It came up on the hard disk without incident and can
access the drivewire volumes.

Thanks for your attention to this!  Will let you know if I spot anything
funny, but I think you've got it now.

Steve