[Coco] System gen problem - SOLVED!!

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:09:22 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:
> Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>

>> I created new disk images with the latest drivers and NitrOS-9 from CVS:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/drivewireserver/files/
>>
>> These work with DW3 or DW4 servers equally well, but do not contain
>> any of utilities needed to use the extra features that DW4 provides.
>> They are essentially equivalent to the previously released disk
>> images.
>>
>> Boisy is going to update the Cloud9 link to point to this set as well.
>>  Hopefully this will resolve the issue.
>>
>> -Aaron
>>

> Aaron,
> I just tested the current rbdw3.dr and dw3.sb for DW3 Level2 6309 as created
> from the cvs source code and from the url given in your message.
> Unfortunately they don't work on my system. Nothing gets through to the DW3
> server.
>
> I'm assuming you tested them so there must be some system dependent problem
> not easy to spot.
> Robert

As I sit here pondering, I had some thoughts and questions..

Are you using the exact disks I put on the sourceforge site, i.e.
booting from DriveWire?  Or are you taking the drivers and making your
own disk, to boot from some other hardware?

If you're making your own disk, are you putting the drivers on a disk
with old NitrOS9, or are you also using the version of NitrOS-9 from
the disks I made (or from recent CVS)?
What is the version number?

Could you describe the other drivers used in your system, or post a
bootlist?  I wonder if you and Steven have some 3rd party hardware in
common?

Could you send me the output of the "devs" command from your system?

If you have time to think about this and help troubleshoot, great,
otherwise I'm sure this will sort itself out eventually as things tend
to do :)

-Aaron