[Coco] Would anyone like some snow?

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Thu Feb 11 13:05:57 EST 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:14:13 -0500 (EST), Steven Hirsch
<snhirsch at gmail.com> had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

>On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>>> On a coco-related note, what's the best word processor for the Coco
>>> 2?  VIP?  I was wondering if anything existed that was better.
>>
>> Whatever works, Aaron.  I used xed/xprint for a while, but I've been using
>> the tsedit patch called vi for what seems like forever.  But with recent
>> versions of nitros9 grabbing that as a device name, I've had to rename it,
>> including internally, to "ed", so history has come full circle.
>
>On that subject, where can I find a reference for that patched tsedit?  It
>certainly understands a few vi commands, but there are many common ones
>that do not seem to be implemented.  For example:  scroll up or down one
>screen at a time - how?  Mark and cut a block of lines by marking them?
>
>Steve

T/S Edit and with Vi patch.

[shift][up arrow]  moves back one page
[shift][down arrow] moves forward one page

mb mark beginning
me mark end
mm moves marked sectioni
mP puts/copies marked area to current position
dm deletes marked area

--

Stephen

Before Xerox, five carbons were the maximum extension of anybody's ego