[Coco] System gen problem - SOLVED!!

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 08:48:35 EST 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Christopher Hawks wrote:

> 	Works fine for me. Newest Nitros9 from CVS, and newest server code
> (linux version) from CVS.

Thanks to Robert Gault, I now understand the problem.

Boisy:  The DW drivers found in the nitros9/6809l2/modules/rbf
directory in the nos96809l2_dw3.dsk image from Cloud9's web site appear to
be the problem.  Robert built an image in his environment and sent it to
me.  It worked fine.  When I dug into things, I discovered that the CRC
values for rbdw3.dr and dw3.sb in his image were different from those on
the Cloud9 image (downloaded two days ago!).

I extracted the drivers from Robert's image with ezgen and assembled a
boot file using them (same list and script that had been uncooperative all
along).  Bingo!  Works fine.

FYI: I tried the dw3 drivers from the latest nitros9 cvs, but I used them
with a slightly older version of nitros9.  That may be why they failed to
cooperate.  I did not want to use the script from the CVS sandbox because
I was trying to iterate into the problem.  Best not to change too many
variables at one time.

Thanks to everyone who put up with my incessant questions. I'm just glad
to have figured out the problem.  Hopefully the images on Cloud9 will be
updated to prevent others from going through this :-).

Steve