[Coco] System gen problem

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Feb 9 19:43:55 EST 2010

Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
>>  Is it possible that something in the DW driver chain is not getting initialized in the case where DW is not the default drive?
>
> I think that is happening.  Even though you have clock2_dw, the clock doesn't come online until AFTER you see the sysgo sign-on.  By this time the disk driver has been initialized and used to load sysgo from the root of the boot disk.
>
> Try putting sysgo in your bootfile; this may work because sysgo runs right away, sets the time (which calls clock and links to the dw3 module then puts the dw3 module address in the system globals), and THEN hits the disk.
>
> I think that may fix things.

Boisy,
Why do you think this is the case? I don't use clock2_dw, don't have DW as the default drive, and have no trouble
reading disks mounted in the DW3 server. In fact, the OS-9 program I wrote to read Disk Basic disks from OS-9 will read
such a disk mounted in the DW3 server from OS-9.

The only items in my os9boot file related to DW3 are rbdw3, dw3, and the /X# descriptors.