[Coco] System gen problem

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Feb 9 12:41:01 EST 2010

On Tuesday 09 February 2010, Steven Hirsch wrote:
>On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Steve:  In your local mb script, did you change the boot module to be
>> 'boot_dw3'?
>>
>> That is the line that reads:
>> merge ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/rel_80 ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/boot_1773_6ms
>> ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/krn>bttemp which should now read
>> merge ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/rel_80 ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/boot_dw3
>> ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/krn>bttemp
>
>No, because I do not want it to boot from DW.  The goal is to boot from
>floppy, log to my hard drive as the default disk and simply have the DW
>volumes available on line.

Ahh, the light comes on.  In that case the /X descriptors, and the driver
they name s/b sufficient to at least rattle the cage.  From a dump of the
descriptor, I see rbf and dw3, so I'd assume rbf.mn, and dw3.sb would be
needed in the os9boot file. So  I'll go away and let the folks that have that
working have the last word.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Virtue is a relative term.
		-- Spock, "Friday's Child", stardate 3499.1