[Coco] System gen problem

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 22:10:17 EST 2010

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010, Christopher Hawks wrote:

>> Now you understand the flat-spot on my forehead.
>>
>> Something else occurs to me:  The Nitros-9 version.  My hard disk install
>> uses 3.2.8, built Oct. 9, 2008.  When I boot over DW, it's: 3.2.9, built
>> March, 2009.  Is the minor-number difference enough to prevent the former
>> from cooperating with the DW drivers?
>
> Steven:
>
> 	Is 3.2.8 old enough that it wants 57600 baud for the serial rate??
> Try changing the CoCo type to 2.

Tried that already - no luck.  In desparation, I copied the IDE drivers to
a diskette, rebooted from the dw volume and built a system in that
environment (uses newer kernel, etc.).  Same thing :-(

Boots fine, logs to the hard disk.  Any attempt at accessing /x0 just
hangs immediately with no communication taking place (according to the DW
log and counters).

Steve