[Coco] System gen problem

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Feb 7 18:51:33 EST 2010

Steven Hirsch wrote:

> I actually think I'm not even getting far enough to worry about the
> descriptors. The server is not even getting a request from the CoCo. The
> Coco hangs immediately when I try to access the dw drive, but clearly no
> communication with the server is actually taking place. Something more
> fundamental is wrong, but what?
>

 >When I boot over DW using the pre-made image, things march along as you'd expect.

> Steve

OK. So, if you boot from a Drivewire distribution disk you can access the PC from the Coco? That must mean Drivewire is
working as is the cable. It also eliminates just about everything except incorrect modules in the os9boot file.
You can get more data from Drivewire if you check both Logging and Statistics.

The first obvious question is are you using the correct rbdw3 and dw3 modules for the version of NitrOS-9 you are
booting? Not mixing up a 6809 version with a 6309 system or vice versa?

There really isn't much else possible if you can boot a disk mounted in Drivewire but can boot on the Coco side and
access Drivewire.

I have a 6309 Coco system and Ident for the modules in question gives
rbdw3 CRC $3e2550
dw3   CRC $96409D