[Coco] I need copies of unmodified OS-9 disk images

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 21:59:30 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:51 PM, J.P. Samson
<coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com> wrote:

> On Feb. 5, 2010, at 7:02 PM, Wayne Campbell wrote:
>>
>> It wasn't just my instructor. The documentation (books) were from Microsoft. Maybe I got something wrong, maybe Microsoft is just as screwy in their documentation as they are in the way they approach "new, from the ground up".
>
> From a software architecture sense, the lineage is 95->98->ME and NT->2000->XP.
>
> From the perspective of the target audience, Microsoft might have advertised the progression as 95->98->ME->XP-Home for casual end users and NT->2000->XP-Pro for business/power suers.

This is supported by the fact that XP Home would only do an "upgrade"
install over 95/98/ME, while XP Pro would upgrade Windows 2000.  This
was not due to technical reasons, since both home and pro are the same
operating system.  This was a marketing/artificial restriction
purposely done by MS.