[Coco] assembly language question.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Feb 4 11:11:37 EST 2010

On Thursday 04 February 2010, Bob Devries wrote:
>ok,... another quote:
>
>The assembler automatically selects direct addressing mode if the
> high-order byte of the address matches its internal "direct page." This
> direct page is not the same as the run-time direct pager register; it is
> an assemble-time value. You ordinarily set it to zero, but you can change
> it with the SETDP directive.
>
>/quote
>From the OS-9 Level 1 assembler manual.
>
>Regards, Bob Devries

And this particular code enters its driver routines with a routine that
transfers the high byte of U to the DP, hence the ability to use the faster
DP accesses for all of its housekeeping needs.  Something I didn't make clear
at first.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Maybe we could paint GOLDIE HAWN a rich PRUSSIAN BLUE --