[Coco] Deluxe Wireless Pak and Drive Pak status

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Feb 19 13:18:32 EST 2010

This is a follow-up to my previous message explaining an issue I've
had with obtaining more of the "EB301" bluetooth modules that plug
into my serial pak to form the bluetooth wireless pak....

It turns out that http://www.a7eng.com/ appears to be coming back
online slowly.  The front page appears to be that of which you see
after a fresh install of Apache.  The other pages are still there,
but the ordering page is still blocked.

For the 5 or 6 people who have been waiting on their wireless pak, I
am still making the offer to convert your order to a wonderful 2GB
"Drive Pak" (aka Plug and Play Pak) if you can't wait this guy out a
little longer.  When I say "this guy" I mean the owner of A7
Engineering who has moved from the suite they were in as well.

If you would rather have your serial pak first and let me ship the
EB301 module a little later, I can do that as well, although this
puts me further in the hole since I've sold most of the paks below
cost.  Still, I would like nothing more than to see these orders cleared.

The serial pak is 6551 driven and has a 2x6 female header with all
the basic signals for doing typical serial I/O.  The header is on the
inside of the pak by default unless you want the header turned
outwards, which makes it meet flush to the outside of the case (if I
cut the hole).  There are jumpers for CTS, RTS, IRQ, and a few more signals.

As for the Drive Pak status... here it goes guys... a batch of the
MicroSD adaptors will be here today or tomorrow.  The boards and
cases are no more than 2 weeks out, best guess, and I will start
cranking these paks out in the order they were paid for.

My best guess is that the Drive Paks may ship before the remaining
Wireless Pak orders that are waiting on A7 to come back online.  If
they come back online tomorrow, that's when I will submit an order
for at least 10 more of the bluetooth modules and then I plan to sit
it out on making these paks until the Drive Paks are significantly caught up.

To be clear... both paks will continue to be produced.

--
~ Roger Taylor