[Coco] help me out please

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:50:57 EST 2010

Hi all,

I've been banging my head against a virtual wall here.....
This code snippet compiles correctly on my PC C compiler (Bloodshed
Dev-C++), but fails on both the OS-9/6809 compiler and the OS-9/68000
compiler:

char *ending[4]={"th","st","nd","rd"};

The error given is "Can't initialise".

For the life of me I can't remember the work-around. I believe this to be a
limitation in the K & R compilers. Sadly I'm without almost all my reference
books here in the Philippines.

Can someone give me a pointer (yeah, yeah, I know...)?

Regards, Bob Devries

--
Besides a mathematical inclination, an exceptionally good mastery of one's
native tongue is the most vital asset of a competent programmer.

Edsger W.Dijkstra, 18 June 1975