[Coco] Full GUI DriveWire 4 beta

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 12:08:43 EST 2010

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

>> Unless I make the dialog font too small to read comfortably, labels are
>> getting truncated.
>>

> I made the dialogs wider and label space bigger.  It seems to display
> fine on my linux box.  Give it a try if you have time and let me know
> if things fit.  I dont think I can go much wider without it starting
> to look odd on Windows systems.

Sorry to tell you, but there's been no improvement.  Unless I set the font
size to 8, things are truncated on the right.

Doesn't java provide introspection to tell you the required field width
based on the actual font?  When I used to code in tk, there was an easy
way to calculate this dynamically in order to avoid things from being cut
off.