[Coco] Full GUI DriveWire 4 beta

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 18:15:24 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2010, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

>>> And, naturally, after I cleaned up and rebuilt both server and UI from
>>> scratch (for about the fourth time), things started working.  It
>>> "remembers"
>>> all parameters now.
>>>

>> hmmm well glad it works but wish I knew why it didn't before, in case
>> it comes up for someone else.
>
> The UI has repeatedly become confused when reading my existing config.xml.
> It was not actually loading anything from the disksets until I deleted all
> diskset definitions and hand-built one for my 'fpga' setup.
>
> I think all the problems were related to config.xml contents.
>
> BTW:  What does the "Write to.." button about?  Not clear at all what the
> function is.  Ditto for the red button next to it.

Write to.. lets you write the disk image to an alternate location.
handy if you are using an image that comes from an unwriteable source
like HTTP, and want to make some changes and then save them locally,
or if you just want to make a quick backup before trying something on
the live copy.  it does not change the active path like a "Save As.."
would in a typical program, so I didn't want to call it that.  if
there is another label that seems more intuitive let me know.

the red button is actually "Refresh", it updates all the info in that
panel from the server.. use to see current LSN, read/write/dirty stats
etc. or if you arent sure if you changed the disk from the coco side,
stuff like that.   Exactly the same results as if you just clicked on
the disk# in the table on the left.  for some reason it draws a red
box on linux, on windows it draws the typical arrows in a circle thing
like the refresh button in a browser.