[Coco] Need a dir -e but extended.

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Dec 26 21:06:05 EST 2010

On Sunday, December 26, 2010 08:53:09 pm Richard E. Crislip did opine:

> On Saturday 25 December 2010 11:25:41 gene heskett wrote:
> > On Saturday, December 25, 2010 11:12:57 am Richard E. Crislip did
> > opine:
> >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > WORK!!! Those dirty four letter words, this is supposed to be a
> > > family ML 8-)))
> >
> > Ooops, sorry
> >
> > > I told my director, when the day comes that I find myself
> > > consistantly calling what I do WORK, is the day I pull the trigger
> > > on Social Security and retire... again.
> >
> > I did that back in 2002, but they still haven't gotten the message.
> > When I do show up, they complain I'm late for work. ;-)
> >
> > I may be busy for several weeks yet this spring.  Raising our digital
> > power by 4x without buying us a whole new half million dollar box.
> > I've located a 40kw box that I can use for a linear amp.  But the
> > required mask filter is going to cost more than the used transmitter.
> >  But it will likely be me issuing orders and running my chopsaw &
> > torch making the coaxial plumbing required.  Not to mention playing
> > monkey on high ladders putting it all together.
> >
> > Keeps me out of the bars don'tcha know.
> >
> > Merry Christmas, all.
>
> What can I say, we gotta have a reason to get up in the morning ot else
> we'll rust up and die.

Or like me, get diabetic & so darned sweet we'll dissolve in the shower.  I
was just out to run a snow shovel for a few minutes, clearing the walkway
part of the deck, and found a couple of my neighbors had already cleared
the drive.  Mike on his 4 wheeler and a blade, & John with just a snow
shovel,  Dee heard them and told me, and by the time I got shoes & a jacket
on, they were up the hill clearing Tap Coopers drive in case Frieda had to
work tomorrow.  Oops, there is that 4 letter word again, sorry.  So we
stood and talked for a few, till the wind came up which took the wind chill
to about 10F right quick, so my feet are on a heating pad ATM...  I have
great neighbors.  But the snow has only slowed, it is not done and there is
a forecast for maybe enough wind to drift it a bit.  Not the worst winter
here by quite a bit yet though.  We'll need another 8 feet or so to match
one in the early 90's.  OTOH, cabin fever is slowly settling in too.