[Coco] [Color Computer] how to convert any binary file into a .cas file?

Paulo Silva nitrofurano at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 13:53:53 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Wesley Haynes <wlhaynes1248 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Paulo,
>
> A couple of things I noticed:
>
> 1. Each block should end with an additional magic byte 55, but I didn't see
> this when I tested the script.

fixed: http://pastebin.com/b9XBu2Pr
i didn't see why the 6kb results from my converter were around 25 bytes
smaller than those saved from XRoar emulator - thanks! :)

but anyway, as i tested on the XRoar, it didn't miss this lacking 'magic'
byte, even considering XRoar uses this 'magic' byte when saving .cas files

2. Be sure to include the block type and length bytes in the checksum. It
> looks like you are only summing the data bytes.

this one i fixed in the previous version i sent - since 0xff (lenght bytes)
added to 0x01 (block type), mod 256 (or bitwiseand 0xFF ), it becomes 0x00,
just like i were only adding data bytes - that's also why the io error only
appeared when the transfering ends

> Otherwise, it's coming along very nicely. I'm looking forward to the
> finished product.
>
> Wes

thanks - i think now it's working fine - please test when you can
cheers,
Paulo