[Coco] CoCo 64k RAM upgrade on Ebay

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Dec 21 12:10:05 EST 2010

Yes, those look like 16 K chips, which would have been removed for an
upgrade.

I see them all as having a 8040517 label.

From;

http://users.digitalindigo.net/~techno/coco2.html

"26-3136

This machine is identical to the 26-3134, but with the Extended BASIC ROM
factory-installed.

To upgrade the 26-3134 or 26-3136 to 64 KB of RAM, it is necessary to
replace the eight 8040517 chips with 4164 chips of 200 ns or better access
time, and to solder a wire between the two pads labeled J1. J1 is located
next to IC7."

Bruce W.