[Coco] serial pak boards on ebay

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Dec 17 13:00:39 EST 2010

At 11:19 AM 12/17/2010, you wrote:
>I see you have a couple of these boards back on eBay today.  Clearly
>free shipping won't be possible to Canada, but would you consider
>sending one here?
>
>Also, it was mentioned earlier that the 6551 was a hard item to find
>(later identified at jameco), but where do you find the eb301 module?
>
>-Don

At this time, my stock of high-rated 6551 chips are reserved for
pending pak orders.

The EB301...  first, some facts:  the EB301 module is the module I
chose for a seamless/cable-replacement style bluetooth link (works
like a charm), so the header on the serial board was arranged to mate
with the key pins of the EB301.  The EB301 is not required to use my
serial board for other uses.  When the signals are exposed like this,
it makes for a flexible project pak.

Second, when the "A7" corporation shut down, they had a lot of EB301
units in stock.  I have no clue today where these modules are, or
anything else they sold.  I called the "CEO"'s cel phone numerous
times and left voicemails offering to buy the remaining stock, and I
have never received a call back.  I gave up.  When they show up on
the internet somewhere, someday, I'll buy what I can to make some
more paks (if the price is ideal).  Or the user can find their own
module and just plug it into my board and it would become a wireless
pak if the CoCoNet ROM is in the pak as well.

And last, everyone is welcome to experiment with other bluetooth
modules that are 5v tolerant and I will consider equipping a new pak
model with those, if ideal.  I'll also have to add some code to
CoCoNet to support virtual drives over the link.

--
~ Roger Taylor