[Coco] Glenside IDE booting problems

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Dec 2 20:50:09 EST 2010

On Thursday, December 02, 2010 08:31:13 pm Don Johnson did opine:

> Sorry, I don't see anything being printed on the other than
>
> 		OS9 BOOT
>
> 		 FAILED

1. Please don't top post, position your reply under the question asked so
that it reads like a normal conversation, from top to bottom.  That is many
times easier for following the conversation.  Then, because we're all out
of sync now, I'll trim the rest of this.

2. If it found and loaded and ran the boottrack from track 34, it should
have at least printed the "KREL boot" string.  Since it did not, and to
refresh my thinking, the next question is:  Were you booting from a floppy
in drive0?

If yes, you should be able to watch the mb script as it runs and see if it
reported any errors, so would you please re-run that and double check that
there were no module not found errors as it runs?  Your renaming may have
made an error 216 out of something.

Another item I have found to be handy is to move the 'del bttrack' or
whatever its called in the mb script to a point above where the 'merge'
command builds it, so that when the script is done, the boottrack will be
left and inspectable by some of the tools available to os9/nitros9 if you
do have a working all floppy boot.  I am thinking of my 'vfy' command in
particular as it reports the true internal name of the module it is
scanning in a multimodule file, which both the boottrack and os9boot files
are.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)