[Coco] DW4 - GUI Feedback

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Wed Dec 22 18:28:39 EST 2010

 >My basic idea is to have the program walk you through the process.
 >You choose "copy a floppy to dsk" and it prompts you for a destination
 >file name, displays the commands to type on the coco, and you're done.
 >It seems likely that for transfers from flopppy to disk, people
 >would want to do several disks in a row, so I was thinking a button to
 >"do it again". going .dsk to floppy, probably not a batch as much as
 >single disks?

Sounds good. Where will the GUI be stored? Is it to be added to the
HDB-DOS ROM for instant access?

I think it just needs to achieve the simple task of being able to do a
BACKUP from a real Physical CoCo disk to a single file DSK on the PC/MAC
and back.

I am using the RAMDISK at the moment which required loading the RAMDISK
first, then doing a BACKUP from physical drive to RAMDISK, re-activate
HDBDOS drives and doing a BACKUP to it.

Taking out the need to load the RAMDISK would save some time. Maybe a
new command such as TRANSFER could be created which basically copies the
physical drive #0 directly (or via RAM) to a DSK image on the PC.

TRANSFER DSK (Transfer to DSK) and TRANSFER CC (Transfer to CoCo)?

A GUI would be cool but the CoCo isn't a GUI based system... at least in
it's native RS-DOS mode. A GUI may be more than what's needed.

Nick