[Coco] [Color Computer] how to convert any binary file into a .cas file?

Paulo Silva nitrofurano at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 15:07:26 EST 2010

on the .tap file used on zx-spectrum, it's extremelly easy to convert a
binary file into a .tap file

how easy is to do the same on CoCo2, and what/how should we do?

for example: if i have a binary file like having 6kb, and which would be
loaded in the display graphics area (128x192 4 colours, or 256x192 2
colours) - i can imagine i should concatenate some bytes before and after
this 6kb source, like the .cas header telling it's a binary file, the
filename, where will be loaded on memory, checksum, etc. - i found somewhere
some specs about the .cas file used on emulators like XRoar, but i didn't
understand it clearly... :|

and as well, how should we load it from the CoCo2 side, like from a Basic
snippet?

thanks in advance,
p.