[Coco] Coco2 Composite Video Converter

Mark Ormond markormond at mtxsystems.com
Wed Dec 15 21:51:05 EST 2010

Hi, this is to John and anyone else who is a hardware guru.

I tried working on gimechips simple composite converter and figured out that it's only valid on a coco 1. This coco had the mc1372 output composite video that then fed a external (from it) rf modulator.
In the coco2 design, the mc1372 is run as a part of the rf modulator, and as such doesn't output composite video at all.

I have scrapped the last coco2 I bought, and got another one today, so I have the extra mc1372 chip from the scrapped one. What I was wondering looking at the old Rainbow mags, if anyone knows of a schematic for a coco2 composite video mod, I'm thinking that I can just take the input from the modulator and split it to the other mc1372, that I will rig in a circuit resembling the original coco 1 video circuit. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Mark