[Coco] dsk images <-> HDBDOS drivewire image

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Dec 7 21:28:35 EST 2010

Under Linux it's pretty easy with DD.  I don't know if MacOSX is cool
enouogh to have DD.

Since it's easy to shoot yourself in the foot wih dd, check your local
manpages first!  I'm using GNU dd 5.0 here.

to extract a 160K image(disk #N) from a drivewire HDB-DOS hard drive
image:
dd if=hdb.dsk of=image.dsk bs=256 skip=Nx630 count=630 conv=sync

to install a 160K image as disk #N to a drivewire HDB-DOS hard drive
image:
dd if=image.DSK of=hdb.dsk bs=256 seek=Nx630 count=630 conv=notrunc

I highly recommend making backup copies of any file you try to
manipulate with dd.  I think dd stands for dam dangerous! :-)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard