[Coco] using floptical drive on OSK

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 20:19:02 EDT 2010

Hi all,

does anyone here have any information on using a floptical drive on the MM/1
(or other SCSI equipped OS9/68000 box)?

I have an Insite Peripherals I 325VM, which should work; it came out of an
Amiga computer. On that computer, it had a programme which was used to
"unlock" the drive, although I'm sure that just referred to its software
write protect.

I'd also love to be able to find a driver for a TRANTOR T130 (NCR53C400
based, which is compatible with the NCR 5380) for my SECAD AS-68K, since the
MFM/RLL drive for that died. It *had* a DTC5160 controller card (8-bit ISA,
as is the TRANTOR card), but it's hard to get good (any?) drives now.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia

--
Besides a mathematical inclination, an exceptionally good mastery of one's
native tongue is the most vital asset of a competent programmer.

Edsger W.Dijkstra, 18 June 1975