[Coco] OS9 Lvl 1 rev 2.00.00 - double sided floppy configuration

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 6 02:35:52 EDT 2010

Ok, I'm revisiting this issue under the old OS-9 level 1 rev 2.00.00 because
NitrOS9, while it provides DS/DD 5.25" floppy access already, eats up too
much memory even after I removed as many modules as I could get away with
and still have it boot  (unless I can find a good NitrOS9 disk 2 'modules'
that I can somehow use to strip it down even further).

Right now, I can get 141 pages free using MFREE at NitrOS9 bootup.  OS9 is
getting 162 pages.  I need the extra memory.  Anyone know a way to
re-configure or replace the floppy driver in OS-9 level 1 rev 2.0.00 to get
it to Double-sided 40-track?  (Just like it is in NitrOS9)

Thanks

-          Chad