[Coco] How do to remove duplicate Mail

Ryan Pritchard coconut at pritchard.ca
Mon Apr 26 09:18:12 EDT 2010

I just use my gmail account with IMAP enabled to do the removal of duplicates.  I imported years of e-mail from multiple backups, each time I moved the e-mail from my local copy to an IMAP folder (or as Google calls them Labels) any duplicates were automatically removed.  All that was left were the unique messages that were from each additional archive and none of the duplicates that would have occurred as theses were snap shots, and there would have been lots of duplicates.

Works on all platforms that have mail clients that support IMAP, no plug-ins necessary.  The following link should take you to a post I had made on Slashdot a couple of years ago.

http://slashdot.org/journal/209653/Use-GMail-to-eliminate-duplicate-e-mail

Regards,

Ryan Pritchard
Fun Extends All Basic Life Expectancies