[Coco] NitrOS-9 "Mascot"

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 23:27:45 EDT 2010

Well, that isn't exactly what I meant. If you take a picture drawn on 8.5" X
11' paper and scale it down to 96px, it stands to reason you couldn't read
it. What I was trying to say is, with vector art, you can scale up or down
in size without losing the detail that was present in the original image.
Since that file is a converted vector file, that doesn't really apply. The
original vector file is scalable however you want. Example: say you wanted
to make a letterhead with your logo. You could scale the file down and save
it. The next day, you wanted a billboard made. You could open the same
graphic file and scale it to the appropriate size. With raster images, if
you scale down and save the file, you lose detail in the image, if you try
to scale the file back up.

When this mascot is done, of course png and gif files will be made, but, the
ai file will be given to Boisy for him to do with as he sees fit. That file
is the one that is vector art. It can be scaled down to whatever size and
saved as a png, and then scaled back up and saved as a jpg. As long as the
original ai file exists, any type of image file, of virtually any size,
could be made from it.

Brian