[Coco] OT: My opera

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Apr 18 08:58:29 EDT 2010

Dennis mentioned that a number of years back, not long after he started hosting this list when the Princeton usenet list was going under (tons of Spam).  (Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana).  I could probably dig up the message in a month or so if I didn't have to go to my (low-pay dead-end) day job.  Decades of email archives incompatible with modern readers (the mailbox/mbox transition stands out) and most stored on disks this machine can't talk to.  (I have the technology, but hooking up an ST-225 formatted by a TRS-80 Model 4 to a modern machine isn't an easy task -- best if the Mod 4 boots [no guarantee, it was flaky years back], then I only have to find or fabricate a null modem).

Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>