[Coco] any interest in an 8MB ram card for COCO3?

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Fri Apr 16 16:29:15 EDT 2010

On Apr 16, 2010, at 1:47 PM, Stephen Adolph wrote:

> If Nitros-9 won't be extended to address more memory then there is no
> point I suppose.  The scope of what I am thinking of is a RAM card
> only - no software, no application...just a RAM subsystem...Steve

Stephen,

Welding the card to the CoCo 3 motherboard would require additional logic for MMU bits, and would be much more than simply plugging it into the 512K memory board connectors.   I think you would find it much more useful (and easier) to interface it to the cartridge connector and position it as a huge RAM disk.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/