[Coco] Question about compiling C in OS-9

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Apr 12 19:39:29 EDT 2010

On Monday 12 April 2010, Todd Wallace wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>I'm trying to figure out how to use this microware C compiler for OS-9.
> But I am stumped as to how to resolve this error.  If you aren't in to C
> on OS-9, just disregard this.  Below is my little test program and the
> output from the compiler.  If anyone could shed some light on what I'm
> doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. Thanks :-)
>
>#include "/X1/DEFS/stdio.h"
>
>main(argc,argv)
>{
>printf"testing";
>}
>
>This is the output I get when trying to compile it:
>
>{Term|02}/X1/SOURCES:cc1 test.c
>CC1 VERSION RS 01.00.00
>COPYRIGHT 1983 MICROWARE
>REPRODUCED UNDER LICENSE
>TO TANDY
>'test.c'
>c.prep:
>c.pass1:
>c.pass2:
>c.opt:
>c.asm:
>c.link:
>Unresolved references:
> main             cstart_a         in /dd/lib/cstart.r
>linker fatal: unresolved references
>

>- Todd Wallace

Its been a while since I've done this Todd, but I believe you need to pass
the paths to the libraries on your cc1 command line.  And since I rarely used
cc1, I'm not sure of the syntax to do that.  You will need a LIB directory at
the root of the filesystem, and while I built a goodly number of what is in
this list back in the day, the library you probably want is /dd/LIB/clib.l,
its in here:
t2|07}/DD/MAXTOR/LIB:dir

 Directory of .  2010/04/11 18:07
CGFX_SRC_DOCS   abort.r         access.r        alib.docs       alib.l
arctan.r        b09start.3.r    b09start.r      cfinish.r       cgfx.l
cgfx7.l         change.r        clib.3.l
        clib.l   <--this one I believe
clib.older
clib.original   clibt.3.l       clibt.l         cmath63.l       cos.r
cstart.3.r      cstart.r        cstart6309.r    dabs.r          dbg.l
dfix.r          dint.r          dir.r           display.r       display2.r
divtime         dsign.r         dsqr.r          exp.r           gui.l
id.r            intercept.r     io.r            less.r          make.lib
make.sys        maketrig.lib    malloc.r        mem.r           memlib.l
misc.r          mod.r           modem.l         modtime         multime
nlog.r          process.r       prof.r          profdummy.r
read.me.re.trig.l               readme.alib     readme.cmath63  reduce.r
rma
rmastart.r      root.r          signal.r        sin.r           sincos.r
sqrt.r          stat.r          strupr.r        sys.l           syscall.3.r
syscall.r       syscommon.r     tidyup.r        time.r          trig.l
trig8.l         waitkey.r

Some of the transcendental named libraries listed above have been merged into
trig.l

That clib.l library should be on the development disks.  If the disk has
suffered bit rot, yelp and I'll put it someplace you can grab it from.  Just
as soon as I figure out why the outside world has no permissions for Genes-
os9-stf and nitros9.  I think everything else on my web page is working.