[Coco] NitrOS-9 "Mascot"

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Apr 11 05:15:30 EDT 2010

----- "Bob Devries" <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, I'd think the beaver would be a good choice.
> It's a small industrious builder which doesn't sleep in winter.
>
> As a side issue and slightly OT....
> The animals depicted on the Australian coat of arms are the Emu and
> Kangaroo. Besides the obvious reason that they are uniquely
> Australian, they
> were chosen for the fact that they can not walk backwards.

The beaver isn't a bad choice.  (Though the furry little bastards can be incredibly destructive if you have a stand of sugar maples near territory they claim).

And while emus can't walk backwards, they sure can kick in that direction.  I've got a friend out in Idaho with some impressive scars on his chest (he's lucky the bird didn't hit him a few inches lower, there would have been entrails tangled in its claws).

The porcupine is already taken, it's sort of political, another movement I'm part of, rather more important to me than my computer hobbies.  http://freestateproject.org/
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net