[Coco] os9boot file editor?

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Wed Apr 7 01:39:34 EDT 2010

On 4/6/2010 10:21 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:
> Is there an os9boot file editor available anywhere?  I could swear
> back in the day I used use such an editor to hack around with my
> repack system which had the early versions of NitrOS-9 on a 42 megger.
>
> I'd like to be able to edit an os9boot file in place, delete modules
> from it and add others and save without fragmentation if my added
> modules don't cause os9boot to grow larger than it's original size.

The one I have is called "ezgen" by Burke & Burke.  Might have been
others, but this is the only one I know of.
 From the manual:

EZGen is used to modify a file containing one or more OS9 modules. EZGen
commands will add, delete, replace, patch, verify, or store the modules
contained in the specified file.

Two special file names are recognized by EZGen. If the name of the file
is OS9Boot, EZGen will automatically update the boot information in the
ID sector of the device where the file is stored. Files named AltBoot
cause an automatic update of the XT-ROM alternative boot information,
which is stored in the last five bytes of the ID sector.

End quote.

Tim