[Coco] NitrOS-9 "Mascot"

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Tue Apr 6 16:04:05 EDT 2010

On Apr 6, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Rogelio Perea wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Boisy G. Pitre <boisy at tee-boy.com> wrote:
>
> FreeBSD has the devil, Linux has the penguin, GNU has the Ox...
>>
>> NitrOS-9 needs a mascot!
>>
>> So here goes: it's an open contest for the person who can use his/her
>> graphics talents to create a fitting mascot for NitrOS-9, along with a cool
>> "NitrOS-9" logo.
>>
>> Any takers?
>

> I don't know... what's the home state/city/region pet(s) where the major
> development of NitrOS9 took place? perhaps the search could be started there
> and then have the pet evolve into something really descriptive with a punch
> of charm.

An interesting idea.  Local to me we have: skunks, raccoons, opossums, armadillos, nutrea, crawfish...

Up north in Canada where the original bunch of authors are from, there are moose, geese...

> One suggestion: somewhere in the pet's body, besides de NitrOS-9 logo lets
> have the inclusion of the oblique RGB stripes that grace the later CoCo
> badges.

A skunk has stripes.

Beyond just discussion, I'm hoping we have interest in actually creating it with a modern vector based drawing program.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/