[Coco] Rainbow Magazine + iPad = A Dream!

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 11:05:53 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Sean <badfrog at gmail.com> wrote:

Heh, add me to the opposing group of "What the heck would I do with that?"

> $600 is a bit steep to read old PDFs and surf.

Well, yes... but if I may: I have quite a collection of the Rainbow
magazines (and a few other things like software/hardware manuals), my main
bathroom could use a bookcase for all the 'reading material' in there. I can
see where one advantage of an iPad with all the PDFs loaded in would be in
such a scenario ;-)

Besides, the cool factor of reading vintage print on such an eye catching
gadget ranks pretty high up my fancy.

Am I buying an iPad? not yet, I will wait for the second gen issue and then
maybe. I was tempted but resisted thinking I probably could make more use of
a full Mac desk computer. Pennies saved are going to that.

-- Rogelio