[Coco] Color LOGO

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Apr 3 22:12:58 EDT 2010

On Saturday 03 April 2010, Lothan wrote:
> [...]
[...]
>I'm not saying Verizon is significantly better, but I have never
> experienced this level of incompetence from Verizon. And I do mean
> literally that since SBC acquired AT&T, AT&T has been utterly
> incompetent. If I had an alternative in this area, I would drop AT&T like
> a hot potato.

I get the impression that anyone who knew much was close to retirement age
and has since done so.  They got it fixed about 2pm-ish, and a bright eyed
young man who have have a light or 2 on upstairs called me to double check &
had me check the DSL bandwidth too, and its all back among the living again.
He claimed a pedestal over on Monroe street a few hundred feet away was in
bad shape and corrosion had gotten to several connections in it.  I can
understand that if its anything like the one at the back corner of my place,
I am surprised I don't lose my phone every time one of the 2 dogs in that
back yard hike his leg.

>> This is what you get when the phone company has a franchise and locally
>> nearly zero competition. Yeah cable is here, and nearly 2x the money.
>>
>> What we need today are free markets.
>
>I completely agree this is exactly what we need, but it is not going to
>happen in the near future.

Scream at the FCC.  They are the ones issuing the licenses I believe.
Although, after what they did to my 1st phone 30 years ago, I don't have
enough hope to hang my hat on it.

While we're at it, take an MBA.  Someplace he can't swim back from...  That
is whats wrong with most of these big outfits, being run by MBA's who spent
2 years getting a degree in whatever you don't get caught doing is ok.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

We have nowhere else to go... this is all we have.
		-- Margaret Mead