[Coco] Stories of Internet Connections - was:Color LOGO

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Sat Apr 3 12:36:31 EDT 2010

First, please change the Subject line when you change the Subject!

As for Internet connections, Verizon has two services (three is you
count dial-up) out here in Los Angeles.
The older DLS is a dieing service with nothing but problems with their
hardware and customer service. I have spent 9 hours over two days trying
to get my DSL turned back on after they disconnected it by accident.
(Then they charged me $160 for early disconnect fee.)

|And there is Verizon FIOS, a bright story with 21th century technology
and great customer service!

FIOS is fiber optic cable to the home.  While some other services (AT&T)
just run fiber optic cable to your neighborhood and the last few hundred
feet via Cat 5E or 6 cable, FIOS is 100% optical to the side of your
house.  Once there, a box splits it into Telephone, TV and Internet
services.  Both TV and Phone services are great with better quality
anything that else out here!

While those services are great, the Internet speed is killer.  I have
the lowest speed package at 20 mbps down and 5 mbps up and you can move
up to 50 mbps.  (From what I understand, there are even fast speeds, if
you ask.)

The price for my bundle (all three service is about $100 per month) and
is lower than cable's poor quality $170 for the same setup.

Yes, I know it's sounds like I'm try to sell you on FIOS.  (And maybe I
am.) But that's only because it is the first service that I ever had
that was great from the start and it keeps getting better.  It is only
service that feels like it's truly using 21th century technology.
Everything works right and it's fast!

But I'm not the only one in tech community that loves FIOS.  I know
people that feel FIOS is number one factor in picking a new place to
live.  They just will not move to a place without FIOS!

By the way, I never had a service outage in the year and 1/2 that I've
had FIOS.  Both cable and DSL would go out monthly.  FIOS just works!

Steve