[Coco] Will "Quest for Thelda" work in 512k CoCo3 ?

Todd Wallace dragonbytes at cox.net
Sat Apr 10 19:38:44 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm a big fan of that game.  It runs perfectly on my stock 128k CoCo3.  However, the other day when Aaron was testing something with DriveWire, he couldnt get the game to load.  At first we thought it might be corrupt disk images or DriveWire.  But when Aaron tried it on HIS 128k stock CoCo3 it ran fine.  The only difference seems to be the first CoCo3 he tried, is its got 512k and a 6309.  Would anyone mind trying to load this game on a CoCo3 6809 with 512k memory to verify it will work?  I have ordered a 512k upgrade kit from Cloud-9 and want to make sure installing it wont make this game stop loading.  It's two disks, you load the game by inserting disk 1, typing LOADM"THELDA".  It goes through its intro, and after the Sundog logo materializes, after a few seconds, it prompts for Disk 2.  This is where the failure happened for Aaron's 512k CoCo3.  It never prompted for disk 2.  Any help would be appreciated and I can email you the two .dsk images.

- Todd Wallace