[Coco] Is anyone using Roger's 'Jeweled' game on real CoCo hardware?

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 21:43:08 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I think the subject line speaks for itself. The reason I ask is I am using
it on real hardware and have run into an issue. First, here's the hardware
configurations I've tried:

CoCo3 w/6809
CoCO3 w/6309 (2 different units)
MPI
Color Mouse
Deluxe Joystick
Standard Joystick
FD-501 w/3.5" floppy

The problem I am experiencing is that on any configuration of the listed
hardware, there is an area of the screen where the joystick or mouse will
not move the 'hand' icon. the area is highlighted in white in this
picture<http://coco.randomrodder.com/images/jeweled.png>.
When running the game in VCC (where the screenshot was taken)
the game is flawless.

Has anyone seen a similar problem on real hardware? Even with the glitch I
am seeing, it's still a fun and entertaining game.

Thanks,

Brian